Website Design
Graphic Design
Video Editing
Shopping Carts
SEO Advice
Social Media Marketing
Website Tracking & Consulting
Toronto Website Design, SEO & SEM

SEO Advice

Looking for SEO help but don't want to hire someone to do it for you?

That is why we created this section. It is full of useful tips, advice, do's and don'ts. Be forewarned! SEO is a time consuming activity and beginners will often find themselves making little progress because of lack of resources or knowledge.

If you are interested in hiring a SEO consultant our fee is $40 per hour. Shoot us an email if you wish to hire a consultant.

Note if you do decide to use our library of free SEO advice, please do us a favour and link back to us using the keywords "Free SEO Advice" that way people know where you got so good at it.


  • ABCs of Search Engine Optimization (January 2013)

  • A Quick Guide to Search Engine Submissions (April 2012)

  • Artificial Intelligence is Changing the SEO Industry (June 2023)

  • Biggest Changes to the SEO Industry in 2020 (June 2023)

  • Biggest Changes to the SEO Industry during the 2010s (June 2023)

  • Explaining SEO to Clients: The Fishing Metaphor (November 2010)

  • How to get Quality Links and higher Conversion Rates (April 2012)

  • How to Hire Link Building Services (August 2011)

  • How to Market your Books on Twitter (March 2021)

  • Marketing Tactics for the Holiday Season (December 2010)

  • Niche Topic Advertising: Toronto Personal Trainers (January 2013)

  • Online Reputation Management (February 2016)

  • Search Engine Click Thru Rates (June 2011)

  • SEM Glossary (June 2011)

  • SEO Buzzwords (December 2011)

  • SEO Reading List for the Beginner (June 2011)

  • SEO Winners and Losers 2011 (June 2011)

  • Smart Use of Sub-Domains to Boost Your SEO Potential (August 2011)

  • Subdomains Vs. Folders: Which is better? (April 2012)

  • Quality Website Design: The Mustang Vs the Lemon (July 2011)

  • The Importance of Local Website Design & SEO in Toronto (July 2011)

  • The Importance of Non-Reciprocal Links (July 2011)

  • The Laughable Expectations of Non SEO People (February 2012)

  • The SEO Checklist (June 2011)

  • The SEO Value of WebRing: An Untapped Goldmine (June 2011)

  • Viral Video Marketing (February 2012)

  • What is Better for SEO? Desktop, Laptop or Tablet? PC or Mac? (June 2011)

  • Why CPM Advertising is for Suckers who cannot do Math (March 2021)

  • Why we still need Humans to Oversee Artificial Intelligence for Writing Blog Posts (June 2023)

    Want more SEO advice? Go straight to the source by emailing designSEO to setup an in-person consultation.

    Interesting Tidbits

  • "90% of SEO is using the right keywords in cooperation with each other. A single keyword won't get your website to the top. You need to use all the keywords at your disposal. The other 10% is patience, determination and knowing your stuff."

  • "If your website's ranking on is 20 million or worse, that means there is only a few people going to the website. You and a few others."

    Contact UsLike designSEO on FacebookSubscribe to our Newsletter